September 04, 2008

I reached New York!

Today I had a quite long day, got to New York at 7:30 a.m. after an 11:30 red-eye. I was exhausted (I probably slept for three hours, after losing my iPod in the dark of the unlighted ground, I started having a panic attack, so I took a relaxing pill THANKS so so much mom, it helped me sleep). Tomorrow is an even longer day (which really doesn't end until Friday). All 10 of the kids going to Turkey are leaving together at 6 from the hotel for our 9:30 p.m. flight to Frankfurt (which is 8 hours). After that, we have a 2 hour lay-over which barely lets us run through Frankfurt, get food and re-board. We get to Turkey later that day and barely get a chance to shower before starting orientations about Turkey. Hopefully those are more interesting than what we did today (a boring reading of AFS rules and regulations, which I fell asleep in and almost fell onto my neighbor and travel tips for our long haul tomorrow) - Gule Gule

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Yep, the downside to international travel is the, well, traveling on a plane and layovers part. The exciting part is yet to come! I can't wait to read your updates Gabe!!
Amanda (and the other LA Youth editors)

Anonymous said...

Hello, world adventurer. Sounds like you're well on your way. I travelled to Salt Lake today. Later to Minsk. We all love you and cheer you on your way.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Gabe! The hosted kids (15) arrived a couple weeks ago. I met them the day after they arrived. They were exhausted, jet lagged, confused, anxious, and hopefully, excited. I'll keep the Venice Chapter up-to-date about your doings in Turkey! We missed you at our first activity!

Mary Andreen said...

Am repeating my comment as I'm not sure the first one went through. This is my first experience with blogging. You're bringing your Gma into the 21st Century. Love you!!

Thanks for the update. Did you find your Ipod?? I will be looking forward to more news from you whenever you have time. Love you, Grandma

gabeA said...

Amanda (and LAY editors)- I look forward to posting for you all as well. I'll probably put another post when I get to Istanbul (after all the layovers are over!) I can't wait for the orientation there and getting to my host family

daddy (I know you are Govinda, I've uncovered your secret ID)- I can't wait to get there! Hve fun in Utah and Minsk. Thanks for the cheering!

Elizabeth- Say Hello to the LA kids for me! I think I'll be like them on Friday night. Feel free to forward this blog to the Venice Chapter, say hi to them!

G'ma- Your comment is here now! I found the iPod the second we landed, I just couldn't see in the dark. I'll be keeping you posted. Love you, gabe

Thank for the comments! Gule Gule, Gabe

Anonymous said...

Gabe: everyone at Pilgrim misses you but we are so excited to hear of your travels and adventure. Hang in there...once you are in Turkey all the downside and "glamour" of international travel will be forgotten. Keep blogging!!! Dr. B